Valve released two follow up patches to the new Danger Zone update after various issues emerged following its debut last Thursday.
Among the issues that players discovered on the battle royale mode include bugs on molotov and smoke grenades. Some cases show that particle effects intended for the two utilities appear to be transparent due to graphics regression. Also, the update addressed startup crashes reported by players with Intel GPUs along with memory optimization when playing other game modes.
Aside from rendering fixes, Valve updated some gameplay mechanics for Danger Zone. Among the patches are the ability to self-boost and full-damage on bullet penetration which were now both restored to order. They also addressed respawn issues upon round restart and Molotov detonation bugs.
They also listed new Danger Zone related commands for community servers.
Here is the full list of the latest Danger Zone patches:
[ RENDERING ]
– Fixed graphics regression that caused smoke and molotov particle effects to appear fully transparent.
– Fixed client crash on startup on Intel GPUs.
– New users now default to Borderless Windowed mode.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Fixed ‘self-boost’ movement regression.
– Fixed players not respawning on round restart if they were in the middle of jumping up onto a platform that would force them to duck.
– Fixed bullet penetration damage regression.
– Fixed molotov not detonating in mid air in non DZ modes.
[ CS:GODZ ]
– The winner of the match now watches their victory from the perspective of the runner up.
– In duo and trio matches teammates are now notified with an onscreen alert if one of them dies.
– Adjusted–and added volume slider for–winner music.
– Recent Teammates now shows teammates from Danger Zone matches.
– Players searching count now shows correct number of people searching for Danger Zone matches.
[ DANGER ZONE ]
– Fixed an issue in squad mode that caused the winning squad to not be able to play again from the victory screen.
– Added correct localizations for kills by Frag Grenade, Diversion Device, and Fire Bomb.
– Fixed a regression with motion blur graphics settings.
– Optimized memory usage when not playing Danger Zone.
[ COMMUNITY SERVERS ]
– Added a setting “sv_prime_accounts_only”. When enabled, only prime accounts can connect to the game server.
– Added console commands to support Danger Zone squads:
— sv_dz_team_count N : set DZ team size to N players per squad.
— sv_dz_jointeam_allowed 1: enable users to choose their own squad during warmup via dz_jointeam.
— sv_dz_autojointeam 0: disable players from automatically being assigned a squad when they join the server.
— dz_clearteams – remove players from all squads.
— dz_shuffle_teams – shuffle all players onto random squads.
— dz_jointeam N : Join squad #N (0 = none, valid squads range from 1 to 9).
— dz_jointeam N : Server admins only – assign a player to a particular squad. Doesn’t require sv_dz_jointeam_allowed.
– dz_jointeam only works during warmup. Use dz_clearteams / sv_dz_autojointeam 0 with care — all players must be assigned a valid squad when the game starts.