The season of spooks is coming fast. Some of our favorite games have already added some spookiness to their updates including Counter-Strike: Global Offensive which just joined the festivities with their latest patch.
Play during Graveyard shift!
The patch focuses on temporary visual updates on less-competitive game modes with spooky features ranging from new ‘ghost’ mechanics to the chickens who just dressed up for the occasion!
Casual, Demolition, and Flying Scoutsman game modes will give players the ability to become ghosts and haunt the world as ghosts when they die until the end of the round. Also, ghosts can ‘possess’ bots which adds much Halloween flare to the feature!
Here are the other abilities/limitations of the ghosts:
· Only be seen by other ghosts and observers.
· Apply Graffiti in the world.
· Affect interact-able props (soccer balls, glass, potted plants, etc).
· Turn chickens into zombie chickens.
· Possess Bots by using them.
· Two pumpkin soccer balls now spawn in a random place on the map during Halloween.
· Improved chickens’ ability to avoid walking straight into walls.
· Chickens now spawn in all non-competitive matches during Halloween.
· Chickens have gotten into the spooky Halloween spirit.
· Who put all this candy corn in my gun?!
Cobblestone haunts you
Aside from the in game funsies, the game update shows a revamped Cobblestone – which for the meantime will also share a haunting aura for the occasion. The revamp has some layout changes that affected majority of the A site, here are the rest of the changes:
· Removed connector between Long A and Underpass
· Blocked long view angle from Long A CT side towards courtyard
· Decreased height of doors in Underpass
· Added window in Underpass
· Removed slanted door leading into Underpass
· Removed a large section of old Bombsite A courtyard
· Moved up Bombsite A zone towards ramp
· Removed access to most of T spawn area
· Moved up T spawn positions
· Added climbable props in dropdown
· Added cover in corridor leading to Bombsite B platform
· Added spooky Halloween theme
Lastly, the update comes with some handy balance patches for latest maps Biome and Subzero together with some UI bug fixes and minor timeout reworks.